Thirteen-year-old Justin Cody is failing two classes and is addicted to texting and playing video games. Forced to take a wilderness canoe trip in Canada with his Grandpa Henry, Cody is thrust into a race for survival when the two discover a top-secret drone developed by the U.S. military. Grandpa Henry is kidnapped and Justin--who knows nothing about canoeing and camping--must canoe alone to a distant lake that promises rescue.
A riveting high-adventure tale AND a wilderness "skills" book in one! Learn important outdoor skills: make fire in the rain, storm-proof your camp, tie useful knots, find wild foods that are safe to eat, read a map and compass, understand GPS, use a satellite phone, survive an encouter with a bear or moose, be safe in a lightning storm and more!
ALL BOOKS ARE AUTOGRAPHED. E-mail to email@example.com if you would like a personalized message.
*Please send reviews to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
• "Dear Cliff Jacobson, I started your book a day or two ago and I am almost done. I haven't been able to take my eyes off of it. I don't usually read a ton, but I have sat down for hours. And just by the way, I am being completely honest." Joey Sullivan, age 13.
• "I have recently downloaded your new book and I have really enjoyed reading it. I have been hired as a reading intervention teacher and I would like to use this book in my classroom. I anticipate it to be a big hit among my middle school students!" Bob Stein
• "Cliff’s new book is a fun and quick read even for old guys."
• "Good read, adventure, intrigue, knowledgeable. A great way to teach wilderness skills and create an interest." William
• "Loved it! Easy read." Jeff Crooks
• "Cliff, I just read your book about Justin Cody. Nicely done! I've been paddling for 50 years and it is probably the most concise writing on basic woodcraft. I enjoyed it." Jay Hanks
• "I am reading this book right now. It is a great story and I am learning so much. I am going to get a copy for each of my scouts in troop 107." Ronald Bayens